FAVEKER®´s main goal is to provide the highest standards of satisfaction to our clients while striving to safeguard the environment and foster sustainability. To that aim, a Management and Integrated Environment Quality Service certified under ISO9001 and ISO14001 standards will be introduced (certification audit to be held throughout 2020).
Faveker® has its own lab in its facilities for quality control of raw materials and finished products in accordance with ISO 10545 standards for ceramic tiles tests. Amongst the tests conducted, water absorption, mechanical strength and glazed finishes must be highlighted. The quality of each item is monitored throughout each stage of the manufacturing process, with 100% of items screened by computer vision technology before packaging. All monitoring and control equipment used in the lab and during the manufacturing process undergoes regular checks and gauging.
FAVEKER®´s commitment to its clients entails a distinctive service based on top-notch quality, tight delivery times and the requisite advice for installation.
Ceramic products and assembly kits are certified by ITEC by means of ETA certification for façades. In addition, an annual manufacturing control audit is conducted by ITEC and by means of product tests conducted in certified external labs.
100% of ceramic waste generated during the production process, both fired and unfired, is reincorporated into the product as raw material. Our FAVEKER ® products contain at least 40% recycled material.
Our commitment to sustainability
Our organisation is committed to the continuous improvement of processes and products in order to improve quality and productivity, favour the sustainable use of resources, increase energy efficiency, prevent pollution, combat climate change and maximise the reuse of ceramic waste by incorporating it into the production process itself.
Thus, a range of actions are carried out to guarantee sustainability in our manufacturing processes:
*The FAVEKER® plant in Alcorisa (Teruel) has monitoring and control equipment that allows the rejection of any faulty product before it reaches the firing stage, with ensuing savings in energy use and waste generation stemming from the processing of sub-standard quality products and therefore not fit for the market.
* 100% of process waste water is recycled during the manufacturing process itself, with no need for physicochemical treatment, achieving zero discharge of process waste water.
* Waste generation is minimised by purchasing raw materials packed in bulk containers and making use of returnable pallets. FAVEKER® has adhered to a Comprehensive Management System, and it annually makes a report to Ecoembes España on the packaging released into the national marketplace. In addition, it helps in the last stage management of this type of waste by making payments into the authorised waste discharge scheme (Green Dot Fee).
* FAVEKER® reduces the environmental impact associated with the transportation of materials by working with nearby suppliers. In the case of porcelains, over 90% of spray-dried clays come from locations within a radius of 180 km. In addition, FAVEKER® optimises the logistic distribution of its products by loading up the trucks used for delivery while fostering the hiring of carriers with the most sustainable vehicles available.
* FAVEKER® products require very little maintenance during their installation and usage. This reduces their environmental impact during their life cycle. Upon reaching end-of-life, all can be recycled and valorised as raw material for the manufacture of new ceramics, as well as filling and conglomerating material.
* We apply eco-design technology to our newest products, optimising the sustainability and efficiency parameters used, from the selection of raw materials, through the type of manufacturing process and geometry of the piece, to their eventual packaging and palletisation.